Description de la soumission d'un avis
The Institute of Systems Neuroscience, a joint Inserm-University research unit located on the Timone campus in Marseille, wishes to recruit a laboratory manager who will be part of the Theoretical Neuroscience (TNG) team under the authority of the team leader and unit director, Viktor Jirsa.
Composed of about twenty members, the TNG team participates in many large-scale research projects including national projects such as the RHU EPINOV, European projects such as the Human Brain Project and international projects such as the virtual brain or the associated international laboratory (LIA). This position, which is at the interface between research and administration, is key to ensuring good liaison with the various parties involved.
Missions and activities of the position
The TNG Project Manager will assist the Team Leader in the management and monitoring of funding and research projects. He/she will be the privileged interlocutor for all administrative and financial needs, he/she will participate in the setting up of projects, the organisation of international missions and congresses, the preparation of working meetings and training and will assist in the preparation of scientific and financial reports and assessments in collaboration with the various supervisory authorities and funding bodies.
Job activities :
- Assist the team leader in setting up and monitoring research projects.
- Recruitment of staff: welcome, inform and guide team staff in their administrative procedures, link with human resources services, follow-up of time sheets, among others.
- Organize scientific meetings.
- Write letters and minutes of meetings.
- Budget management: ensure the proper use of research funds in accordance with financial regulations and public procurement, budget monitoring, order tracking, missions and reimbursements.
- Liaison with other administrative managers within the supervisory authorities, financial institutions, suppliers and collaborators.
- Monitoring of the valorisation of the team’s results.
- Participate in the dissemination and popularization of the team’s results in conjunction with the supervisory communication services.
- Establish work procedures for monitoring the activity by integrating a quality approach.
- Knowledge of public research funding in France and Europe
- Knowledge of the general functioning of public research administration
- Knowledge of regulations and procedures regarding subsidies and public procurement
- Knowledge of office automation and management tools
- Comprehension and written and oral expression in French and English
- Be able to write letters, reports and minutes
- Know how to prepare budget summary statements
- Know how to prioritize priorities
- Know how to plan activities, deadlines and meet deadlines
- Know how to organize the filing and storage of documents and information processed
- Know how to apply rules to common cases and have them applied (e. g. purchasing, recruitment, missions) Master office automation tools (word, excel, powerpoint, messaging software) and management
- Ability to work in a team and exchange ideas
- Ability to interact with different research professions
Recruitment level and corresponding diploma
- Minimum level recruitment: project engineer
- Desired professional experience: at least 3 years’ professional experience in public research is essential. A doctorate in neuroscience, biology, physics, or engineering is desirable.
- The level of remuneration will depend on the candidate’s professional experience.