Description de la soumission d'un avis
Our newly opened neuroscience lab is seeking a motivated and passionate colleague to join our team as a postdoctoral fellow or engineer (A*Midex funded position for the first 2.5 years, which could be extended). We are looking for someone excited to work collaboratively with our team to advance our understanding of the role of oligodendroglial cells in Alzheimer’s Disease.
The current job offer comes with the following benefits:
– postdoctoral or engineer contract (CDD, 24 months)
– A monthly gross salary in the range of 2000 to 3500 euros before taxes, depending on degree
– All legal and social protection for job holders in France including Health care insurance, and
– Attendance at weekly seminars featuring leading experts in the field, providing opportunities to
network and learn from the best in the field.
– Opportunities to present at major international conferences, giving the candidate a platform to showcase their research and make valuable connections.
– Access to state-of-the-art equipment and technology, allowing the candidate to perform cutting-edge research and stay at the forefront of the field.
– Personal and professional development training, including opportunities for leadership and communication skills development, to prepare the student for a successful career in academia or industry.
As a researcher in our lab, you will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge research projects related to glial cell function and cognitive behavior, using a variety of techniques such as spatial transcriptomic and behavioral approaches. The selected candidate will be expected to drive the project, with the supervision and mentoring from Dr. Moyon. The ideal candidate should have a PhD in neuroscience and an interest in neurodegenerative diseases and/or genomics/bioinformatics. Excellent communication and organizational skills would be appreciated.
To apply, please send a CV, a cover letter (1 page), a list of references (2-3) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starting date: January 2024 (flexible)
The Moyon lab opened in June 2023 at the Institute of NeuroPhysiopathology (INP), on the hospital Timone campus Aix-Marseille University (Marseille, Paris). We aim at better understanding the role of oligodendroglial cells in the central nervous system, and how their functions are dysregulated in aging and in age-related diseases. We are also committed to promote diversity and inclusivity in science, by building personalized mentorship agreements with each team member.
The INP is a center of training and research that combines basic and translational research to study the organization, function, and interaction of neural cells, as well as the molecular and cellular basis of major brain diseases. The INP is part of the Centre of Excellence in Neurodegeneration (CoEN) and offers an internationally competitive research environment with state-of-the-art facilities. The project will be developed at the Faculty of Medicine, located in the centre of Marseille, a few kilometers from the magnificent seafront, the Calanques National Park and the charm of inland Provence, all ideally suited to outdoor and cultural activities.