Up to ten NeuroSchool scholarships (up to 1000 €/month) are offered each year to master students of our partner universities for mobility of at least 2 months within Aix-Marseille University.
These mobilities may include internships in laboratories affiliated to the Master of neurosciences at Aix-Marseille University.
They may also include teaching (depending on inter-university agreements).
Please note that the duration of mobilities which only include lab trainings and no teaching is now limited to 6 months. Mobilities including courses can last from 2 to 12 months.
These scholarships are entirely funded by NeuroSchool (nEURo*AMU, ANR-17-EURE-0029).
Deadlines for mobilities in 2020-21:
- Sunday 10 May 2020 for stays in Marseille in autumn or winter (with a start date between September 2020 and March 2021),
- Sunday 6 December 2020 for stays in Marseille in spring or summer (starting between April and the end of August 2021).
Attention! We encourage you to contact us and apply as soon as possible. Allow about 3 months of administrative formalities for a mobility within Europe and more for a mobility from outside Europe.
By way of illustration, here is a review of the course of the proceedings:
- Information Campaign
- Expression of Interest
- Submission of applications
- Screening and interview
- Publication of results
- Implementation of conventions
- Beginning of mobilities
- Monthly payment of scholarships from arrival in Marseille (allow several weeks at the beginning)
WARNING: these scholarships are NOT intended for students from non-partner universities who would simply like to register for the AMU Master of neuroscience. If you are in this case, please consult the page on registration to the master.
To be eligible for NeuroSchool mobility grants, you must:
- not have French nationality or be a French student enrolled outside the Aix-Marseille Academy
- possess, at the time of mobility, a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in neuroscience or a related discipline
- intend to pursue, at the time of mobility, full-time studies at the Master (M.Sc.) level in neuroscience at one of the partner universities of the Master of neuroscience, namely the Universities of Helsinki, Oldenburg, Montreal (UdeM) and, more recently, Amsterdam (UvA). NEW: from 2019-2020, neuroscience students from the following universities can also apply (please check with your university or on this page if Erasmus+ agreements have been signed and include life sciences):
– the University of Athens (Greece),
– the Université libre de Bruxelles (Belgium),
– University of Bucharest (Romania),
– the Autonomous University of Madrid (Spain),
– the University of Rome- Sapienza (Italy),
– University of Stockholm (Sweden),
– the University of Tübingen (Germany).
- have a good academic record
- submit proof of your proficiency in English or French (B2 level required).
If you meet the eligibility requirements and wish to apply, the steps are as follows:
- Show your interest to the person in charge of international cooperation for the master’s program: Isabelle Virard
- If you come to do an internship, consult the list of offers or more generally the list of research teams to find your future supervisor.
- If mobility involves courses, prepare a study contract in consultation with the people in charge of your degree and those in charge of the Aix-Marseille University neuroscience Master’s degree.
- Prepare an application file (downloadable document below) and send it via the form with the additional documents indicated below (in a single pdf document).
- Our jury will pre-select the best applications (evaluation criteria specified in the grid available in the documents to download), then, if necessary, will interview (possibly remotely) the candidates for a final selection (to evaluate their language skills, intellectual curiosity and the relevance of their project).
- The selected applications must then be validated by Aix-Marseille University and by the student’s home university.
- Successful candidates provide other documents (bank details, insurance certificate, etc.) before their departure and register on the moveonline application.
- It is the student’s responsibility to verify that he or she has the necessary travel documents (passports, visas) and to purchase his or her travel documents (airline tickets, etc.).
- A certificate of attendance will be requested upon return from the stay abroad.
- Consult AMU’s international relations page and your university’s international relations page for advice before you leave.
Application file and documents to be provided
The following documents must be all combined in a SINGLE pdf document, in French or English:
- The application file to be completed, which can be downloaded below. It consists of 2 parts (A. Mobility project and B. Curriculum vitae).
- University transcripts
- Motivation letter presenting your personal and professional project: research interests, post-Master’s plans and career plans, how this project will contribute to achieving them…
- If the mobility involves teaching: the study contract completed, validated and signed by the persons in charge of your programme and the AMU neuroscience Master’s degree.
- Attestation of knowledge of English or French (if not your mother tongue)
Remember to also check the specific requirements of your home university!
Jury and additional information
The jury may be composed of the following members:
– Dr Francesca Sargolini
– Dr Christian Gestreau
– Prof. Jean Pelletier
– Prof. Jean-Philippe Ranjeva
– Dr Isabelle Virard
Its decisions are binding.
- For further information on these scholarships, please contact the NeuroSchool International Cooperation Officer:
- For other more general questions on international exchanges, see the A*Midex referent within AMU’s International Relations Department:
Prepare your arrival by consulting the AMU International Student Guide or the City of Marseille’s International Student Guide.
We are pleased to announce that the incoming mobility scholarships have been awarded to the following students from the Autonomous University of Madrid :
- CACERES Alba
- GARCÍA-FRONTINI NIETO Celeste
Congratulations and enjoy your stay in Marseille!
This form is currently closed for submissions.