Characteristics and eligibility criteria
As part of the university training in Neuroscience, the Ecole Universitaire de Recherche (EUR) NeuroSchool at Aix Marseille Université is launching a call for projects to co-finance two thematic schools in neuroscience.
Co-financing may be used to cover all or part of the participants’ accommodation and food costs, the hire of equipment and conference rooms, as well as the mission expenses (travel, meals) of certain speakers.
NeuroSchool will allocate this co-financing up to 15 k€ per project, depending on the length of the proposed event (minimum 3 days), which must take place in Marseille. The co-financing will not be paid to the organizer(s), but the expenses will be covered by NeuroSchool upon presentation of invoices. NeuroSchool will not directly cover the registration fees.
Each thematic school entitles the participating PhD students from Aix Marseille University to ECTS credits, and NeuroSchool will provide a certificate of attendance to the participants.
Applicants must provide, before 22/03/2020, a synopsis of the training including:
- the title of the thematic school.
- The pedagogical objectives and the type of evaluation carried out.
- The dates (in the period from 01/06/2020 to 31/12/2020) and location of the theme school.
- The target audience and the number of participants expected, specifying the number of places possibly reserved for members of the NeuroSchool community (master or doctoral students).
- A provisional budget, including other sources of funding.
- The members of the organizing committee and their affiliated laboratories.
- The envisaged speakers.
Address to send the application: email@example.com
Selection procedures and criteria
Applications received within the time limits set out above and meeting the eligibility criteria will be reviewed by NeuroSchool. The decision will be validated by NeuroSchool’s executive committee.
Within 30 days following the closure of this call for proposals, a notification will be sent to the applicant(s). In the case of a favourable opinion, a letter stating the amount of the grant awarded will be sent to the successful applicant(s).
The selection of files will be based on the following criteria:
- Compliance with the eligibility criteria set out above.
- Objectives of the school.
- Relevance of the school’s theme to Neuroscience.
- Scientific quality of the program: originality of the themes addressed, qualification of the speakers.
- National and/or international scope.
- Expected visibility for NeuroSchool.
- Participation of students from Aix-Marseille University (AMU).
- A bonus will be given to schools that involve several AMU laboratories/institutes or that will be in partnership with one or more universities of the European Civic University consortium*.
*AMU is associated with seven European universities (the University of Athens in Greece, the University of Bucharest in Romania, the Free University of Brussels in Belgium, the Autonomous University of Madrid in Spain, the University of Rome-Sapienza in Italy, the University of Stockholm in Sweden, the University of Tübingen in Germany) in a joint project for a European Civic University.
The organizer(s) of the school undertakes to mention the support of NeuroSchool (project nEURo*AMU reference ANR-17-EURE-0029), in particular on all communication supports produced within the framework of the school.
Sponsorship may possibly include the insertion of NeuroSchool materials in the participants’ folders.
The grant applicant(s) undertake(s) to forward to NeuroSchool, no later than two months after the end of the event :
- the documents produced on the occasion of the event and in particular the final program
- a summary for the general public (if possible with visuals) for the NeuroSchool website
- the final budget
- the number of participants including number of NeuroSchool students
- the list of communication actions to the benefit of NeuroSchool: use of the NeuroSchool logo, mention on the website and social networks, distribution of flyers, NeuroSchool stand, animation…
- the evaluation by the organizers (or even by the participants).
Our scientific committee is currently in the process of evaluating the submitted applications.