One call is currently open for:
- 6 month funding for current 3rd year ICN PhD students.
For more details, unfold the paragraphs below using the +/- button.
PhD Scholarships for MDs 2018/2019
The PhD Program in Integrative and Clinical Neuroscience (ICN) of Aix-Marseille University (AMU) offers to finance a year of science PhD studies for residents or young doctors. This call is addressed to residents or young doctors who wish to devote a year to research as part of a PhD in neuroscience in an AMU laboratory. Scholarships are fully funded by AMU Academy of Excellence (A*MIDEX) and their objectives are to foster links between medical doctors and researchers, to encourage the involvement of medical doctors in experimental research and to promote a new MD-PhD program.
The selection process takes place in three stages:
- a call for projects for the research teams of Aix-Marseille University laboratories, with a deadline on February 8 th, 2018,
- a call for applications for the residents or young medical doctors with a deadline on April 12th, 2018,
- auditions of preselected candidates, during the last week of April 2018 (the exact date will be announced later).
1.Call for projects : CLOSED
AMU laboratories are invited to propose a neuroscience PhD project for a resident or young medical doctor.
To submit a project, please download the file from: http://neuro-marseille.org/en/phd-program-en/call-for-phd-projects/
Detail the PhD research project (maximum 1 page), indicating its title and explaining state of the art and international scientific context, objectives, methods, expected outcomes, adequacy with neuroscience, feasibility, and expected benefits.
Please submit it before February 8, 2018 at midnight via this online form:
The validity of the projects will be checked by a committee to ensure their quality, feasibility and compliancy with the rules of the Life and Health Science Doctoral School.
2. Call for applications : CLOSED
The candidates will be able to download the application form and the list of selected projects from February 12th, 2018 on the following website:
The application must be submitted as a SINGLE PDF DOCUMENT containing:
- administrative information concerning the candidate and the selected research project(s) (application form can be downloaded from our website),
- a detailed resume (with copy of the obtained degrees) and a letter of motivation stating career plans and their adequacy with the selected project(s),
- two letters of reference.
Applications must be submitted before April 12, 2018 at midnight via the following website:
Candidates will be selected by a committee according to the following criteria:
- background and academic perspectives of the candidate and adequacy with the project,
- feasibility of the project (including financial support and ethics committee authorizations),
- potential co-financing.
Successful applicants will be notified by e-mail and will be subsequently interviewed individually during the last week of April 2018 (the exact date will be announced later).
The selection committee will be composed of officials from the PhD Program in Integrative and Clinical Neuroscience, clinicians and researchers.
Conditions and guidelines:
At the time of the application, candidates may be doing their residency, have validated their residency (MD and/ordiplôme d’études spécialisées) less than 2 years earlier, or beChef de Clinique des universités-Assistants des hôpitaux (CCA) or Assistant Hospitalier Universitaire (AHU).
Candidates must hold a Master’s degree at the latest on July 1 st, 2018.
The successful candidates must be registered or register for their PhD at AMU, in neuroscience, and do their research work on a full time basis in an AMU research laboratory for a period of 1 year starting no later than December 2018.
A maximum of two scholarships will be awarded during this call.
To avoid any conflict of interest, members of the selection committee must not be associated with one of the research projects presented by the shortlisted candidates.
Monthly salary: 2033.83 € (gross), i. e. approximately 1635 € (net), but subject to contribution rate changes
PhD Scholarships - 2018/2019
In 2018, the Integrative and Clinical Neuroscience PhD Program of Aix-Marseille University (AMU) will grant 3 three-year PhD scholarships.
The selection process will include the three following steps.
1. CALL FOR RESEARCH PROJECTS (from AMU PI’s): CLOSED
AMU neuroscience research teams are invited to propose a research project in neuroscience for the next 3 years. Maximum one research project per team.
To submit a project, please download the file from: http://neuro-marseille.org/en/phd-program-en/call-for-phd-research-projects/
Research projects should be sent at the latest on February 23rd, 2018, midnight through the online form:
Research projects of excellence will be selected by the Integrative and Clinical Neuroscience PhD Program committee and presented on the ICN PhD Program website as well as advertised worldwide by March 1st, 2018.
2. CALL FOR APPLICANTS (Master’s graduates)
The scholarships are open to Master’s graduates from top-ranked non-French universities.
The candidates will be able to download the necessary documents from March 1st, 2018 on the following website:
- List of selected projects
- Choice of research projects to select and rank two of the proposed research projects
- Templates for recommendation letters
The application must be submitted through our website, before April 20th, 2018 (NEW DEADLINE) at midnight (Marseille time), as a SINGLE PDF DOCUMENT containing:
- A resume (with copy of the obtained degrees)
- The document (“Choice of research projects”) highlighting the adequacy between the applicant’s background and the two elected research projects
- A letter of motivation (500 words)
Letters of recommendation must be sent from two referees directly to email@example.com using the template PhD-applicant-Evaluation-by-referees-2018.
Candidates will be selected by a committee according to their background and academic perspectives of the candidate and adequacy with the project.
The selection committee will shortlist 10 applicants that will be individually interviewed in May 2018. The applicants are encouraged to prepare their interviews with the project leaders they have selected.
The final decision will be known shortly after the interviews.
The successful candidates must register for their PhD at AMU, in neuroscience, and do their research work on a full time basis in an AMU research laboratory for a period of 3 years starting no later than December 2018.
Monthly salary: 1,768,55€ (gross), i.e. approximately 1421€ (net), but subject to contribution rate changes.
Expenses: applicants will pay their annual tuition fees (around 400 €) and, when needed, their visa fees.
6-month funding for current 3rd year ICN PhD students
NeuroSchool and the Integrative and Clinical Neuroscience (ICN) PhD Program are launching a call for applicants for 6-month fellowship to finish their PhD, open to students currently in their 3rd PhD year (for the 2017-2018 academic year). A total of 24 months of funding will be divided among 4 laureates.
The objective of this funding is to enable a graduate student to finalize his/her research project and associated publications in order to ensure the necessary baggage for the pursuit of his/her scientific career. The attendance of the candidates to ICN PhD Program events and their involvement in the Program will be taken into account in the evaluation of applications.
To read more about this call, click here.
PhD Scholarships – 2017/2018
In 2017, the PhD program in Integrative and Clinical Neuroscience will grant three PhD scholarships to excellent Master students that graduated from non-French top-ranked universities.
Three scholarships have been awarded:
- Angelo Franciosini will work under Laurent Perrinet’s supervision, on Trajectories in natural images and the sensory processing of contours.
- Dominika Pilat will work under Santiago Rivera and Emmanuel Nivet’s supervision, on Membrane-type matrix metalloproteinases are newly identified pathogenic factors in Alzheimer’s disease: neuroinflammatory mechanisms of action and pre-clinical target validation.
- Ruggero Basanisi will work under Andrea Brovelli and Paul Apicella’s supervision, on Neurocomputational bases of Causal Learning(CausaL).
PhD scholarships for MD 2017/2018
The PhD program in Integrative and Clinical Neuroscience launched a new campaign of PhD scholarships for MD last February. This call for applicants was addressed to clinicians and doctors who wish to dedicate one year of research within the framework of a PhD thesis in neuroscience in an AMU laboratories.
Francesca Pizzo has been awarded an M.D./Phd.D. scholarship.
Call for Post-doctoral positions
A new campaign for postdoctoral positions started in December 2016.