As part of its mission to disseminate information about the progress of neuroscience research, Neuroschool attaches great importance to the dissemination of knowledge within the scientific community and to the general public. In order to develop its dissemination activities towards students (including PhD students), researchers, clinicians and/or citizens, NeuroSchool can financially support scientific events (symposia, debates, actions for the general public…). The theme of these events must be linked to research in the field of neuroscience (basic, clinical or industrial research). The events must take place in Provence.
General terms and conditions
The application may be submitted by one or more organizers of the scientific event.
The funding will not be paid to the organizer(s), but the costs will be covered by NeuroSchool after invoice submission (for example to cover in part or in full the costs of accommodation, travel, meals, equipment or room rental…).
Eligibility criteria and deadline
To be eligible, applications must meet the following criteria:
- The theme of the event should be related to research in the field of neuroscience;
- The event should take place in Provence;
- The event must have a clearly defined organizing committee;
- At least one of the organizers submitting the request for support must carry out its research activity in a public AMU laboratory;
- The request must be submitted before April 1st, 2019, and the event take place between July 1st, 2019, and August 31st, 2020.
An upcoming call for projects is scheduled with a deadline of October 1st, 2019, for events to be held between March 1st, 2020, and February 28th, 2021.
Please use the downloadable document below as a frame for your application file.
Send the application file to: email@example.com
The applications received within the set deadline and satisfying the eligibility criteria will be examined by NeuroSchool Conference taskforce. The decision will be validated by NeuroSchool Executive Committee.
Within 30 days after this call for projects closes, a notification will be sent to the applicants. In case of acceptance, a letter indicating the amount of the grant will be sent to the laureate.
The selection is based on the following criteria:
- Compliance with the eligibility criteria;
- Objectives of the event;
- Scientific quality of the programme: originality of the topics, qualification of the speakers;
- Participation of NeuroSchool students (including PhD students), for example to make oral presentations
- National and/or international scope of the event;
- Expected visibility for NeuroSchool.
The organizers of the event pledge to mention the support of Neuroschool (nEURo*AMU project, reference number: ANR-17-EURE-0029), in particular on all the communication media produced during the event. Sponsorship may include:
- giving documents about NeuroSchool to the participants;
- allowing NeuroSchool to present its actions at a booth…
The applicant(s) agrees to transmit to NeuroSchool, no later than two months after the event, the documents produced during the event, as well as a summary for the general public to be put on the NeuroSchool website.