CALL FOR PROJECTS - MD/PhD scholarships 2018 : closed
The call for MD-PhD research projects 2018 is now closed.
The PhD Program in Integrative and Clinical Neuroscience (ICN) of Aix-Marseille University (AMU) offers to finance a year of science PhD studies for residents or young doctors.
This call is addressed to residents or young doctors who wish to devote a year to research as part of a PhD in neuroscience in an AMU laboratory. Scholarships are fully funded by AMU Academy of Excellence (A*MIDEX) and their objectives are to foster links between medical doctors and researchers, to encourage the involvement of medical doctors in experimental research and to promote a new MD-PhD program.
The selection process takes place in three stages:
- a call for projects for the research teams of Aix-Marseille University laboratories, with a deadline on February 8th, 2018,
- a call for applications for the residents or young medical doctors, with a deadline on April 12th, 2018,
- auditions of preselected candidates, during the last week of April 2018 (the exact date will be announced later).
Further information on the phases 2 and 3 of the call can be found here.
Phase 1: Call for projects
AMU laboratories are invited to propose a neuroscience PhD project for a resident or young medical doctor.
To submit a project, please download the file below. Detail the PhD research project (maximum 1 page), indicating its title and explaining state of the art and international scientific context, objectives, methods, expected outcomes, adequacy with neuroscience, feasibility, and expected benefits.
Please submit it via the online form below before February 8, 2018 at midnight.
Projects of excellence will be selected by a Committee according to the following criteria:
- quality and feasibility of the project,
- skills of the supervisors.