Call for MD-PhD applicants
The PhD Program in Integrative and Clinical Neuroscience (ICN) of Aix-Marseille University (AMU) offers to finance a year of science PhD studies for residents or young doctors.
This call is addressed to residents or young doctors who wish to devote a year to research as part of a PhD in neuroscience in an AMU laboratory. Scholarships are fully funded by AMU Academy of Excellence (A*MIDEX) and their objectives are to foster links between medical doctors and researchers, to encourage the involvement of medical doctors in experimental research and to promote a new MD-PhD program.
The selection process takes place in three stages:
- a call for projects for the research teams of Aix-Marseille University laboratories, with a deadline on February 8th, 2018,
- a call for applications for the residents or young medical doctors, with a deadline on April 12th, 2018,
- auditions of preselected candidates, during the last week of April 2018 (the exact date will be announced later).
Further information on phases 1 and 3 of the call can be found here.
Phase 2: Call for applicants
The candidates are able to download the list of selected projects (in random order) below.
The application must be submitted as a SINGLE PDF DOCUMENT containing:
- administrative information concerning the candidate and the selected research project(s) (application form can be downloaded below)
- a detailed resume (with copy of the obtained degrees) and a letter of motivation stating career plans and their adequacy with the selected project(s),
- two letters of reference.
Applications must be submitted before April 12, 2018 at midnight via the online form below.
Candidates will be selected by a committee according to the following criteria:
- academic perspectives of the candidate
- adequacy with the project.