Call for applicants: 6-month funding for current 3rd year ICN PhD students
The 2018 call for 6 month funding for current 3rd year ICN PhD students is now closed.
NeuroSchool and the Integrative and Clinical Neuroscience (ICN) PhD Program are launching a call for applicants for 6-month fellowship to finish their PhD, open to students currently in their 3rd PhD year (for the 2017-2018 academic year). A total of 24 months of funding will be divided among 4 laureates.
The objective of this funding is to enable a graduate student to finalize his/her research project and associated publications in order to ensure the necessary baggage for the pursuit of his/her scientific career. The attendance of the candidates to ICN PhD Program events and their involvement in the Program will be taken into account in the evaluation of applications.
- Applicant profile: PhD student in Neuroscience at AMU
- Host laboratory: associated with AMU
- Mandatory registration to the Doctoral School for a 4th PhD year for the 2018/2019 academic year if the defense takes place after 31/12/ 2018
- Obligation to have met at least once their PhD advisory board (‘comité de suivi de thèse’)
- Enrollment in the PhD Program before 2018
- Employer: AMU (A*MIDEX funding)
- Duration of the funding: 6 months, non-renewable. The fellowship will not continue beyond the PhD defense date.
- Type of contract: full-time fixed-term contract (‘contrat à durée déterminée’, CDD)
- Start of the contract: from the end date of the 3rd year of the PhD
- After the PhD program selection, the laureates must provide an attestation from the Doctoral School stating that it validates his/her registration in 4th PhD year before the funding can be granted.
Documents to provide (as a single compiled PDF file, entitled “yourname_4AT.pdf”) :
- CV of the applicant detailing his/her academic and professional background (academic education, mobility, research internship, conferences…) (1 page maximum)
- A document entitled “Report, justification and timetable” that will summarize the results of previous PhD years, justify the request for additional months and detail the calendar for the end of the PhD. This document should clearly show how the additional months of PhD funding will allow the candidate to make significant progress in your PhD. Recommendations for the “Report, justification and timetable ” document to be provided (csi: maximum characters, space included)
- Thesis title and name(s) of PhD supervisor(s)
- Did you apply for a 4th year PhD scholarship at another organization? If so, which one?
- PhD project description and progress report (2000 csi)
- How will 6 additional months significantly change the PhD outcome? (2000 csi)
- Work program for the 6 months? Specify timetable and expected results. (1000 csi)
- Longer-term professional project (500 csi)
- The report(s) from the PhD Advisory Board (‘rapport(s) du comité de suivi de thèse’)
- Detailed opinion of the PhD supervisor(s)*
- Detailed opinion of the external member of the PhD Advisory Board*
- Detailed opinion of the laboratory head*
* If preferred, these detailed opinions can be sent directly, separately from the application file.
Terms of submission:
Your application (a unique PDF document named “yourname_4AT.pdf”) must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: Thursday, May 17th, 2018, at midnight. The constitution of the jury and its deliberations will take place by the end of June 2018.