As part of the university training in Neuroscience, the Ecole Universitaire de Recherche (EUR) NeuroSchool at Aix Marseille Université is launching a call for projects to co-finance two thematic schools in neuroscience.
Characteristics and eligibility criteria
This co-financing may be used to cover part or all of the participants’ accommodation and food costs, the rental of equipment and conference rooms, as well as speakers’ mission expenses (travel, meals).
NeuroSchool will allocate up to €15k per project, depending on the duration of the proposed event (minimum 3 days), which will take place in Marseille. Co-funding will not be paid to the organizer(s): NeuroSchool will cover the costs upon presentation of invoices. NeuroSchool will not directly cover registration fees.
Each thematic school is eligible for ECTS credits for participating PhD students from Aix Marseille University and NeuroSchool will provide a certificate of attendance to participants.
Applicants must provide, before March 1st, 2019, a synopsis of the training including:
- The title of the thematic school.
- The pedagogical objectives and the type of evaluation implemented.
- The dates (in the period from June 1st to December 31st, 2019) and the location of the thematic school.
- The targeted audience and the expected number of participants, specifying the number of places that may be reserved for members of the NeuroSchool community (master’s or PhD students).
- A provisional budget, including other sources of funding.
- The members of the organising committee and their laboratories.
- The envisaged speakers/teachers.
Address for sending the file: firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection procedures and criteria
Applications received before the deadline set above and meeting the eligibility criteria will be reviewed by NeuroSchool. The decision will be validated by NeuroSchool’s Executive Committee.
Within 30 days of the closure of this call for projects, a notification will be sent to the applicant(s). In the event of a favourable opinion, a letter mentioning the amount of the grant awarded will be sent to the winner(s).
The selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Compliance with the eligibility criteria described above.
- School objectives.
- Relevance of the school’s theme to Neuroscience.
- Scientific quality of the programme: originality of the topics covered, qualification of the speakers.
- National and/or international scope.
- Expected visibility for NeuroSchool.
- Participation of students from Aix-Marseille University (AMU).
- A bonus will be given to schools that involve several AMU laboratories/institutes or that will be in partnership with one or more universities in the European Civic University consortium*.
*AMU is associated with seven European universities (the University of Athens in Greece, the University of Bucharest in Romania, the Free University of Brussels in Belgium, the Autonomous University of Madrid in Spain, the University of Rome – la Sapienza in Italy, the University of Stockholm in Sweden, the University of Tübingen in Germany) for a joint European Civic University project.
The school organizer(s) undertake(s) to mention the support of NeuroSchool (nEURo*AMU project, reference ANR-17-EURE-0029), in particular on all communication materials produced within the school.
Sponsorship may include the insertion of NeuroSchool documents in folders given to participants.
The applicant(s) undertake(s) to send NeuroSchool, no later than two months after the end of the school, the documents produced on the occasion of the school, as well as a summary for the general public for the NeuroSchool website.