Presentation of the call
The PhD Program in Neuroscience of Aix-Marseille University (AMU) offers 3 PhD scholarships to students who have validated a Master’s degree outside France. The scholarships are fully funded by NeuroSchool (nEURo*AMU, ANR-17-EURE-0029).
The selection process takes place in three stages:
- a call for projects for research teams from Aix-Marseille University laboratories with receipt of applications by March 6, 2020 at the latest,
- a call for applications from master’s degree students with receipt of applications by May 3, 2020 at the latest,
- the audition of the shortlisted candidates which will take place in early June 2020 (date to be specified later).
Call for projects - CLOSED
AMU neuroscience research teams are invited to propose a research project in neuroscience for the next 3 years. Maximum of one project for every 3 HDRs in a given team (a team with 1 to 3 HDRs may submit 1 project, a team with 4 to 6 HDRs may submit 2 projects…)
To submit a project, please download the file below.
Research projects should be sent at the latest on March 6, 2020, at midnight, through the online form below.
After verification of their administrative validity by the NeuroSchool PhD Program, research projects will be presented on the NeuroSchool website as well as advertised worldwide by mid-March, 2020.
Call for applications - OPEN
A call for three scholarships is open to Master’s graduates from top-ranked non-French universities.
The candidates can download the necessary documents from March 15th, 2020 in the “Documents available for download” tab:
- The list of proposed research projects
- The document “Choice of research projects”, in which the candidate should select and rank two of the proposed research projects
- The template for the two recommendation letters that must be sent from two referees directly to email@example.com
The application must be submitted in English on our website before May 3, 2020 at midnight (Marseille time) as a SINGLE PDF DOCUMENT containing:
- The document (“Choice of research projects”) highlighting the adequacy between the applicant’s background and the two research projects selected (see “Documents available for download” tab)
- a detailed resume (with copy of the obtained degrees)
- a letter of motivation (500 words max)
The selection of candidates will be done in 3 phases:
- 1st phase: project supervisors undertake an initial ranking of candidates who selected their project.
- 2nd phase: the PhD program committee examines the ranked candidates of all projects and selects the candidates to be auditioned according to their academic background their adequacy with the project.
- 3rd phase: the pre-selected candidates are interviewed by visoconference in front of the PhD program committee, which makes the final ranking.
The selection committee will pre-select 10 candidates who will be individually interviewed late May – June 2020 (date to be specified later). Candidates are encouraged to prepare for their interview with the project leaders. These interviews will be conducted via Skype/video conferencing.
The final decision will be known shortly after the interviews.
The successful candidates must register for their PhD in neuroscience at AMU and do their research work on a full-time basis in an AMU research laboratory for a period of 3 years starting no later than December 2020.
Monthly salary: 1,768,55€ (gross), i.e. approximately 1421€ (net), but subject to contribution rate changes.
Expenses: applicants will pay their annual tuition fees (around 400 €) and when needed, their visa fees.
Documents available for download
Call for projects phase