Presentation of the call
NeuroSchool and its PhD program are launching a call for applications for the funding of 6 months of thesis, open to students enrolled in their 3rd year during the 2018-2019 academic year. A total of 24 months of funding will be distributed among 4 laureates.
The objective of this funding is to allow a student at the end of his/her thesis to finalize his/her research project and associated publications in order to ensure the necessary background for the continuation of his/her scientific career. Attendance and involvement of PhD program candidates will be taken into account in the evaluation of applications.
- Applicant profile: PhD student at AMU
- Host laboratory: associated with AMU
- Mandatory registration to an AMU Doctoral School for a 4th PhD year for the 2019/2020 academic year if the defense takes place after 31/12/2019
- Obligation to have met at least once their PhD advisory board (‘comité de suivi de thèse’)
- Enrollment in the PhD Program before 2019
- Employer: AMU (A*MIDEX funding)
- Duration of the funding: 6 months, non-renewable. The fellowship will not continue beyond the PhD defense date.
- Type of contract: full-time fixed-term contract (“contrat à durée déterminée”, CDD)
- Start of the contract: from the end date of the 3rd year of the PhD
- After the PhD program selection, the laureates must provide an attestation from the Doctoral School stating that it validates his/her registration in 4th PhD year before the funding can be granted.
Documents to provide
- CV of the applicant (1 page maximum) detailing his/her academic and professional background (academic education, mobility, research internship, conferences…)
- A document entitled “Report, justification and timetable” that will summarize the results of previous PhD years, justify the request for additional months and detail the calendar for the end of the PhD. This document should clearly show how the additional months of PhD funding will allow the candidate to make significant progress in your PhD. Recommendations for the “Report, justification and timetable ” document to be provided (csi: maximum characters, space included)
- Thesis title and name(s) of PhD supervisor(s)
- Did you apply for a 4th year PhD scholarship at another organization? If so, which one?
- PhD project description and progress report (2000 csi)
- How will 6 additional months significantly change the PhD outcome? (2000 csi)
- Work program for the 6 months? Specify timetable and expected results. (1000 csi)
- Longer-term professional project (500 csi)
- The report(s) from the PhD Advisory Board (“rapport(s) du comité de suivi de thèse”)
Please have the following persons send their detailed opinion (=recommendation letter) of the candidate (1000 csi) directly by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) :
- PhD supervisor(s)*
- External member of the PhD Advisory Board
- Laboratory head*
* In addition to recommendations, please indicate the following:
“I would consider the candidate to be in the following percentile compared to students at a comparable career stage whom I have supervised:
upper 5%  upper 10%  upper 20%  upper 30%  lower 70%” 
Your application (a unique PDF document named “yourname_4AT.pdf”, in French and/or English) must be shared on your AMUbox file and the link to this document sent by email to email@example.com
PhD supervisors, external members of the thesis monitoring committee and laboratory directors are requested to send their opinions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: Sunday, May 26th, 2019, at midnight. The constitution of the jury and its deliberations will take place by the end of June 2019.